1. What are the advantages of "KingKing" over traditional roaming voice services when overseas?
A: "KingKing" is a VoIP application, based on Wi-Fi connectivity, for use in Hong Kong and while you are abroad. It offers FREE* voice call minutes for making outgoing calls to any Hong Kong number and receiving incoming calls from anywhere in the world.
Now, "KingKing" service provides free* video calls within the "KingKing" community.
* $8/day for designated service plan.
3. Do I, or the people I call, or who call me, need to install an application?
A: For voice call, you will need to download our "KingKing" application in order to use the service but the people you call, or who call you, do not.
For video call, both you and the called party will need to download our "KingKing" application in order to use the service.
7. Can I make emergency calls overseas or send emergency SMS overseas?
A: The KingKing Service can be used to make emergency calls or send emergency SMS messages (only for whom have registered for the emergency SMS service) in Hong Kong, but it should not be used to make any emergency calls or send emergency SMS to a local emergency centre while you are abroad.
8. How do I make an outgoing call via "KingKing" to destinations outside Hong Kong?
A: It is just like making an IDD call while in Hong Kong, which means "+" and country code (eg 44 for the UK) need to be entered before the contact number.
10. How will I be notified that all incoming/outgoing calls are being connected via "KingKing" ?
A: Voice call: When "KingKing" app is being connected, the incoming call display will show the "KingKing" service name as well as the "KingKing" service icon.
Video call: When ""KingKing" app is being connected, the incoming call display will show the "KingKing" service name with red video call icon.
11. Will I be charged for sending SMS using "KingKing"?
If you use KingKing Service to send SMS, the related charges will be calculated based on the SMS service (including intra-network/inter-network/international) provided by us as you are in Hong Kong.
1. Where can I download the "KingKing" application?
A: You can go to App Store and use "KingKing" as the search phrase to get to the "KingKing" download facility. This will incur a mobile data charge.
2. Will my Secretarial Service work for "KingKing" calls?
A: It will not work when your "KingKing" application is on and connected. Once the "KingKing" application is disconnected, Secretarial Service will resume automatically.
3. Will "KingKing" work with a home or hotel’s free Wi-Fi service?
A: Yes "KingKing" basically works with any Wi-Fi connectivity, regardless of whether it is a free service provided by a hotel or a router in someone’s home (note: csl cannot guarantee "KingKing" service performance nor voice call quality at every single Wi-Fi hotspot).
4. Why is "KingKing" voice quality poor for some calls?
A: This could be caused by weak Wi-Fi connectivity. Please move to an area with better Wi-Fi coverage and remain there before you finish your call.
6. When I am on a "KingKing" call, will the call be disconnected if I leave Wi-Fi coverage?
A: Yes, the call will drop because the Wi-Fi connection will be lost and the "KingKing" application will be disconnected. You are recommended to stay within the coverage area until you finish your call.
7. Will my "KingKing" application be re-connected to Wi-Fi automatically when I return to an area with Wi-Fi coverage?
A: No. You will need to connect your "KingKing" application to Wi-Fi manually (please refer to User Guide Q1). Until you reconnect "KingKing", you will be able to receive calls via regular voice service.
8. Why can’t I connect to"KingKing" when my iPhone detects Wi-Fi?
A: The Wi-Fi signal only shows that you are within hotspot coverage, but you may need to login to the Wi-Fi network before proceeding to "KingKing" (note: csl cannot guarantee "KingKing" service performance nor voice call quality at every single Wi-Fi hotspot).
10. Why can’t I receive incoming calls when I can make outgoing "KingKing" calls?
Please check that you have enabled an unconditional call-forwarding function (**21*). If you have, then please disable it (##21#) before re-starting the "KingKing" application by pressing the on/off button once.
11. Why can’t I make outgoing "KingKing" calls when I can receive incoming "KingKing" calls?
Please check whether the outgoing voice function of your account has been barred. You may want to contact the 24-hour csl Consumer Service Hotline 25 123 123 for more details.
13. I am a 1SIM2Number subscriber, so can I use "KingKing"?
Yes. Please note the following:
Caller display will show your Hong Kong mobile number only when you make an outgoing call with the "KingKing" application, even if you are inside China Unicom’s network coverage.
You are required to pay an "Outside Region Connection Fee" of $1/minute to receive calls via the secondary number (ie China Unicom mobile number) in addition to the standard "KingKing" service charge, and the charge is applicable to all destinations.
14. Why I can make outgoing "KingKing" voice calls but can’t make outgoing "KingKing" video calls?
A: Please check whether your "KingKing" app version supports to make "KingKing" video call (updated version: 1.2.0). You may want to contact the 24-hour csl Consumer Service Hotline 25 123 123 for more details.